Friday, August 6, 2010


GOD IT'S GREAT TO BE ALIVE
TAKES THE SKIN RIGHT OFF MY HIDE
TO THINK I'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT ALL UP SOMEDAY

My face is burning red hot from the sun sun sun. I'm so glad to be back in my bed with shade pouring over me. I laugh when I look in the mirror because I look funnier red than I do pale. But I smile because it feels like somebody painted me this way, and maybe their own bodies a hot pink or a moss green. Sometimes you need little trips like these to remind you that there's still life hiding somewhere in your limbs, under your nose, tangled in your hair!

All I want to do is laugh laugh laugh and think about how good it is to be 19 with blood still burning like the hot sun. Our warm bodies, only pebbles to the cool cool lake.

No comments: