
"She waited for the train to pass. Then she said, "I sometimes think that people's hearts are like deep wells. Nobody knows what's at the bottom. All you can do is imagine by what comes floating to the surface every once in a while."
Sam, I have dreams and I have nightmares and I guess have reality, but sometimes it all gets intertwined. Not in some beautiful web of light or of thread, but in a big, messy, clunky wad of junk that needs to be detangled like your jewelry.
And on bad and rainy days I can't help but be drawn into those far off worlds of my subconscious, so far superior to anything reality has to offer.
And other times I am truly happy in the real world, and how nice it is to belong there! I get a feeling like some warmth rising from my toes to my face, like some gulp of tequila, burning my throat so I know I'm alive.
But with such a good feeling always comes an end, and I have pangs, like those of hunger, of loneliness, and nostalgia for what seems like the rest of my life. And as I yearn for the light to shine through in reality once again, I fade back into sleep and try to relive my life as that stagnant tangle of worlds. Eh. We all feel trapped sometimes.




No comments:
Post a Comment