The angler forgets most of the fish he catches,

but he does not forget the streams
and lakes in which they are caught.
Sam! I am stuck in this box and my hair is growing long (it's all the way to my shoulders you know). The sun is out and about but I don't think I will join it for now. Today I let the little critters in the fridge and the cabinets sneak their way into the warmth of my belly. And as I feasted on frozen delights I got an unexpected visit from that old father o' mine. Dr. Vaughan aka 'Critty' knocked on the door in his Unabomber ensemble, with a big bag of burritos and a whole lotta love. He sang songs that had no tune and I sat around and listened to every crazy sound. We lounged on the couch and watched bad tv for hours and it didn't matter that neither of us had jobs because for today we could just be vegetables. Critty Vaughan and Tish-Tosh-Applesauce, reunited at last.
He's a critter that Critty. Always crawlin' around, playin' hooky, makin' his way into the Coleport house on the cul-de-sac. Anything to shelter him from that old beating sun. That big old star he's been hiding from.




No comments:
Post a Comment