Monday, March 15, 2010


Dearest Sam,

Calvin: What's it like to fall in love?
Hobbes:
Well..Say the object of your affection walks by...
Calvin:
Yeah?
Hobbes:
First, your heart falls into your stomach and splashes your innards. All the moisture makes you sweat profusely. This compensation shorts the circuits to your brain, and you get all woozy. When your brain burns out altogether your mouth disengages and you babble like a cretin until she leaves.
Calvin:
THAT'S love?!?
Hobbes:
Medically speaking.


Right foot blue, left hand red, and I'm twisted and tangled up once again. I've started believing I want the things I don't want by disguising them as the things I do want until I don't know what I want except that I don't want what I have. Get it?

Maybe that's called denial. Maybe that's called life.

And sometimes knowing exactly what you want is the hardest of all because then it hurts so much more when you realize you'll never have it...even though you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is the only thing that makes sense and you are the only puzzle pieces that will ever fit together.