
If there's one thing that I learned when I was still a child, it's to be alone.
Sam, I have a lot of pride. Pride with a capital P. But I think college has gotten the best of me. I'm regressing to old ways. Like when I was 7 and hid in the closet under the stairs. When I'd collect all my favorite things and just sit there for hours. No one could see me, or touch me. And I could turn off the lights and close my eyes and create my own security behind the coats, and the blankets, behind the vacuum, behind the boxes. I'm 18 and my knees are still just as shaky. Here I am, still playing the same disappearing act. I used to be filled with so many tricks. Only now I keep a lot of things hidden in my sleeves and journal and under my tongue...Sam, I used to have a lot of pride. I didn't use to wait around wishing so many things. And now, look at me, just waiting, and waiting...
Marin, under the streetlight, dancing by herself, is singing the same song somewhere. I know. Is waiting for a car to stop, a star to fall, someone to change her life.
I met a man today, and he told me something pretty strange
There's always somebody saying something
He said, "The world was as soft as lace."
There's always somebody saying something
He said, "The world was as soft as lace."
But I don't love anyone.





No comments:
Post a Comment