Don't be shy, just let your feelings roll on by
Don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there
Just lift your head, and let yours feelings out instead
And don't be shy, just let your feelings roll on by
Just lift your head, and let yours feelings out instead
And don't be shy, just let your feelings roll on by
on by on by on by on by on by on by on by on by on by
You know love is better than a song
Love is where all of us belong
So don't be shy, just let your feelings roll on by
Don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there
You know love is better than a song
Love is where all of us belong
So don't be shy, just let your feelings roll on by
Don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there

Don is always talking to us about "mark-making." He is always saying that in class, in life, we will all eventually develop our own mark. And no matter how learned we are, no matter how much we try to "fix" or change ourselves, that little mark that we possess will continue to sneak onto our pages like a mouse running from room to room. Now we can either leave traps out and stain the floors with blood and dismemberment, or, we can accept their coming-and-going and continue to let them scurry around in frantic fear.
Our mark is not our handicap. And I hope that I can find something, anything, that bleeds my name through the pages.
Sam, you say you want to be the sun, then I say be the sun! Be the hills and the valleys and all the rivers in between. Cause Sam, we are not rooted in these adolescent shells that cling to us so. I say we change our clothes every time the weather changes. And even if we look a little different in the reflection of our spoons and even if that's not what we are, we can try. Maybe this is all just part of the process. Now I'm not looking to leave a mark as dark as the night or as clear as the moon, I'm just looking to leave a trace of what I am. So as I continue to move forward, I can look back and laugh or smile or gag at the awkward bits and pieces I left behind.
Our mark is not our handicap. And I hope that I can find something, anything, that bleeds my name through the pages.
Sam, you say you want to be the sun, then I say be the sun! Be the hills and the valleys and all the rivers in between. Cause Sam, we are not rooted in these adolescent shells that cling to us so. I say we change our clothes every time the weather changes. And even if we look a little different in the reflection of our spoons and even if that's not what we are, we can try. Maybe this is all just part of the process. Now I'm not looking to leave a mark as dark as the night or as clear as the moon, I'm just looking to leave a trace of what I am. So as I continue to move forward, I can look back and laugh or smile or gag at the awkward bits and pieces I left behind.

you're there you're there you're there you're there you're there you're there you're there you're there you're there




No comments:
Post a Comment