You know I never was a writer. You know I never was a drawer either. You know I don't know how to put together words or lines or shapes or colors. I spend most of the time barely piecing together the little bits in my brain, most of my time leaving faint indents of contours and giving way to the most unnecessary details. I never was one to finish things.
But Sam! It's okay! Today was my second day of drawing. And my teacher gives us smiles and chuckles left and right. And I'm okay when he says that my drawing is funny because funny is better than bad and funny is better than ugly. Funny is funny.
Don Suggs. A very peculiar man. Today he said something along the lines of:
Sam, you know I never was a writer. I never was a drawer either. Never had a pretty face or a million bucks. Never had quick brains or quick feet. But Sam, you know one thing I do have--a really teethy grin. I am filled to the brim with awkwardness. And hopefulness.
But Sam! It's okay! Today was my second day of drawing. And my teacher gives us smiles and chuckles left and right. And I'm okay when he says that my drawing is funny because funny is better than bad and funny is better than ugly. Funny is funny.
Don Suggs. A very peculiar man. Today he said something along the lines of:
The world is filled with elegance.
...I'm here to make things awkward.
Don Suggs, I hope not to let you down....I'm here to make things awkward.
Sam, you know I never was a writer. I never was a drawer either. Never had a pretty face or a million bucks. Never had quick brains or quick feet. But Sam, you know one thing I do have--a really teethy grin. I am filled to the brim with awkwardness. And hopefulness.
Love, Sam





No comments:
Post a Comment