Thursday, January 28, 2010

"All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible."
-William Faulkner

Sometimes things can be overwhelming. Sometimes the night sky is beautifully limitless, other times it swallows us up. And it seems almost unfair that which road it takes is up to us. There you go: sometimes it is a right, sometimes it is a burden. Sometimes I let things go too far, letting emotions fog up my goggles of perception. And the world is so fickle. We are so fickle. Ever changing, never knowing, indecisive and deceptive. Black and white would be so boring, but I might ask for a sharper focus. Anything to help me see. Why is there so much between the lines? Why must importance and meaning stray from track of clarity. The progression and recession of my moods makes me dizzy and I want to go to sleep. Tell me why an act of kindness or some good news is just a quick fix when what I need is to find a cure.

2 comments:

to Sam, love Sam said...

our future apartment
-sam v

to Sam, love Sam said...

oooh

my relative has that blackboard/chalkboard paint on a wall in his apartment in ny. that shit is AWESOME