
Come on girl
Let's sneak out of this party
It's getting boring
There's more to life than this
It's still early morning
We could go down to the harbour
And jump between the boats
And see the sun come up
Sam,
'Tis the season and I am all alone it seems. I can drive and I want to drive in the rain and over the hill and for miles and miles, but the gas is going to run out eventually and that's hard to accept. Things are hard to accept. I would rather pretend they don't exist. Stop taking hints, defy reality and be persistent with your daydreams. It's hard to keep a tight grip when you do so, but at least you'll stay on the verge of- you'll never go over as long as you ignore. I'll pretend he still smiles at my voice and looks forward to my face. I'll pour myself glass of wine and sit in front of the fire and pretend I am loved. I'll picture her face and remember and she'll be here. As long as I can blame long distance for her absence, she'll still be alive. Everyone is crying but me because I have a system of denial. I can slip on attractive dresses and listen to lovely music and imagine that I am happy. Dreaming is nice, but I miss you and I miss reality.




No comments:
Post a Comment