Monday, September 15, 2008

My Sam,

I am sinking. I am deep, deep under.

I am knee deep in adolescence and I feel incredibly trapped. I could be warming myself with spiked irish coffee and geology worksheets with a crazy blue-eyed boy. Instead I am fresh out of a shower, into the lonely world of procrastination and irresponsibility. I have stopped flailing my arms to stay afloat. Let the water rise around me. I couldn't breath on dry land, drowning in this college-ruled pile of graphite shouldn't be any different.

but where is my diving helmet when I need it?

.
Oh Sam, why must the boys I love kiss my boo-boos and toss me wicked smiles and tease me so? I want to run away to a place where the love letters are addressed to me. Is that too much to ask?

 Let's hop the fence together. 
-Sam

No comments: