Monday, September 15, 2008

marry me?


I hope love is more than just a string of pretty words and I hope friendship is more than toothy grins. Even though those are nice.  I just want us to stick our hands in wet cement and bathe in the imprints until our fingers and toes are too wrinkled to feel disappointment or pain. 


When did I lose the flush of my cheeks? All my warmth has dripped to my feet, but I'm running holes in the soles of my shoes. Cute sucks, sweet too. Everything I think to wish for makes me sick with too much sugar. Can't happiness be something other than a force fed cupcake? My head is aching with bubblegum pink and right now, I just want to be blue.

Sam, just know when I'm with you I want to break my pencils and cut the collars off my shirts. I want scream my energy all the way to the big dipper and never be anything else but there.

No comments: